More Than a Red Door: Feng Shui for Outdoor Spaces
Join CVWBN member, Terri Perrin of Fine Art of Intention Feng Shi, at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 10 at Lake Trail Community School for an informative and engaging 90-minute mini-workshop on how you can not only create beautiful gardens but ones that will nurture your spirit and could change your life! Tickets are $15 per person.
As a guest speaker for LUSH Valley Food Action Society, Terri will speak on the topic of More Than a Red Door: Feng Shui for Outdoor Spaces.
“It is autumn on Vancouver Island and gardeners will soon turn to books and seed catalogs to get their gardening ‘fix’,” says Terri. “While we can only dream of spring blossoms, now is a good time to think about what you can do to turn your outdoor living space into a peaceful oasis. Applying the most basic principles of feng shui can help you create garden spaces with positive and balanced energy.
“To me, gardens represent an attempt to recreate the perfection of nature and the unity of human beings,” she adds. “It is an art form where we can use colours, textures and natural elements to create spaces that can nourish our bodies and souls. I think of my garden as a canvas; the bare earth that is not a lifeless void but an energetic space brimming with potential.”
People interested in feng shui often limit its use to the inside of their homes, adds Perrin, however, there are myriad ways it can easily be applied outside, too. Clearing clutter is just the start.
‘More than a Red Door: Feng Shui for Outdoor Spaces’ will cover:
- A basic introduction to the principles of feng shui and various feng shui schools.
- How feng shui applies to outdoor, as well as indoor spaces.
- An explanation of the feng shui Bagua Map and how each area of a yard or garden represents a certain area of your life.
- The impact of clutter and items that have symbolic negative energy.
- A feng shui analysis of irregular-shaped lots and how to apply feng shui cures.
- How to choose plants/trees that are symbolic of the Five Elements of Feng Shui: Fire, Water, Earth, Metal, and Wood — to give your yard a feng shui energy boost.
- Water features do’s and don’t.
- Lots of time for Q & A’s.
Workshop Facilitator: Terri Perrin is a Certified Feng Shui Consultant and is the Owner / Operator of Fine Art of Intention Feng Shui consulting. She is the author of The Complete Guide to Feng Shui Crystals along with multiple articles on the topic. www.fineartofintention.com.