Comox Valley Women’s Business Network
Join Us! Work Better, Together
The Comox Valley Women’s Business Network is a locally-based non-profit organization focused on assisting business women to:
- Meet new people
- Connect easily with one another
- Refer business to one another where appropriate
- Develop and leverage strong business relationships
- Increase profile and profitability
- Educate and contribute to the success of other business women
- Advocate and volunteer to support local charities (B.O.O.S.T)
Benefits of Belonging
- Develop business and personal skills through our monthly keynote speakers
- Network and develop relationships with other women in business
- Promote your business through our website and social media
- Display your special promotions and business cards on our membership display table each month
- Keep your business front of mind in our public introductions done at the beginning of each meeting
- Advertise your business or product specials for a small fee in our E-newsletter
- Door prizes! Bring a small gift from your business each month to be offered as a door prize at the end of each meeting. A great way to promote your business and you could win door prizes, too!
- Be a ‘Spotlight Speaker’ and promote your business to other CVWBN members and guests. At each meeting, we will feature one or two spotlight speakers, giving each ten minutes to promote and pitch their business ($25 fee).
Regular Membership $175 – All of the perks listed above for a full 10-months of meetings. Meeting tickets are $40 per person and includes a delicious buffet meal that includes coffee/tea and dessert. (No host bar.)
Dinner Club Membership $475 – All the benefits of a regular membership and includes 10 dinner meeting fees. Make the commitment to be a Dinner Club Member and you will save a minimum of $50.00 per year PLUS you also receive a guest pass to bring one guest complimentary per year.
- All memberships are renewable one year from the date of purchase.
- Memberships represent an individual in a distinct business entity. In the event of job changes, membership fees are nonrefundable, however, the individual membership may be transferred to another person in that same business entity at the discretion of the Board. The individuals requesting the transfer must apply in writing.
Contact the CVWBN
PO Box 3414, Courtenay, BC V9N 5N5
Our Next Meeting
Monthly Dinner Meetings are held from 5:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. on the second Wednesday of each month (September through June) in the lower banquet room at the Blackfin Pub in Comox.
The CVWBN extends sincere thanks to the Blackfin Pub for their ongoing support of our organization.
I am thrilled and honoured to be the President of The Comox Valley Women’s Business Network. We have a very enthusiastic board this year, and I am excited to be working alongside such an incredible group of women. We look forward to connecting and elevating all of our members!
Comox Valley Women’s Business Network (CVWBN) Policies. As revised May 8th, 2019.
At our June 13, 2018 meeting Linda Graceffo (right) presented Maureen Glowasky of Grace Cosmetics with our first ever honourary CVWBN ‘Lifetime Membership Award.’ Maureen has been a member since the organization was created more than 25 years ago.
She is an inspiration to all of us and is well-deserving of this recognition. Congratulations, Maureen!
Denim & Lace Membership Year Wrap-up Party Dress casually in your most comfy denim and lace summer attire as we change things up with both our venue and our menu this month! It is only a five-minute drive south of Courtenay to Innisfree Farm in Royston, which is...
President's MessageWelcome to the 2018/19 Membership Year!I am delighted and honoured to be returning as the President of The Comox Valley Women’s Business Network, your vote of confidence is very much appreciated. 2017/18 was a fantastic year for the Comox Valley...
2019 / 2020Board of DirectorsPresident: Dennyse Harris – uBlossom Retreats Vice President: Chelsea Bell – Open Connection Past President: Meta Wood – REMAX Ocean Pacific Realty Treasurer: Jolene Forbes – Robbins & Co. Chartered Accountants Secretary: Michelle Siao...